Cacao Powder 250g
This raw organic Cacao Powder is truly very special, as it is NOT farmed, but instead collected from the rain forest regions of Ecuador by locals on donkey back!!! The cacao trees in this region are up to 80 years old and grow in volcanic regions with super high nutrient soil. This means you get the best cacao possible!!
Our raw certified organic cacao is from a special heirloom variety known as Arriba Nacionale, which is considered by many to be the highest quality Cacao with a brilliant taste.
LifeFood's Cacao is cold-pressed, which means the temperature is never allowed to exceed 47 degrees Celsius, allowing it to retain it's raw form and it's rich flavour. This subsequently means it maintains it's abundance of antioxidants so you get the maximum health benefits. We do NOT machine dry our cacao, but instead use drying fields to naturally dry the cacao to once again ensure our customers of a truly RAW product.
Health Benefits of Cacao Powder:
- One of the reasons Raw Cacao Powder is believed by many health experts to be so powerful at aiding us in achieving optimal health is due to its astounding content of antioxidants. It is one of the richest sources of antioxidants known to man, even more than Goji berries.
- Cacao is also credited with giving people a blissful feeling. This is due to its high levels of Serotonin (the happy hormone) which also aid us in strengthening our stress defence shield.
- Furthermore, it contains Anandamide, which is known as the "bliss chemical" because it is released when we are feeling great, and is normally created by our bodies when we exercise. Cacao is the only food that Anandamide has been found in, and may be why chocolate is often associated with a feeling of happiness and well-being.
- Cacao Powder is also thought to improve digestion as it contains a type of fibre which helps cleanse the intestines and regulate bowel movements.
- Raw Cacao is a source of minerals such as magnesium and iron and may help to relieve increase energy and reduce premenstrual syndrome.
How to use Raw Cacao Powder:
Raw Cacao Powder is so versatile and can be used in many different ways. Use it in an array of desserts, as well as delicious rich raw chocolates.
It can be added to milk to make hot chocolate or a chocolate shake, as well as being a perfect addition to smoothies. You may also like to sprinkle it on yoghurt or anything you want to add a bit of chocolaty goodness to. The list goes on and on!